Although being sheltered in place has been tough, we have found new ways to celebrate each other. A car parade is a great example of how to show our kindness and positivity to those we care about.
A car parade can be used for a graduation, birthday, or just to show someone that you care!
Consider these things to help you plan a car parade:
- Review local laws. You may need to wear a mask or keep the participants outside their vehicles to a minimum.
- Send out an invite. Be specific about the timing, rules, and theme.
- Make some signs. Decorate the front of your home and lawn to match the theme.
- Prepare some favors. Set up a basket of individually wrapped treats near your home for your “guests.”
- Get creative. Attach a stuffed glove to a long pole to create a 6-foot high-fiver or set up a lawn birthday party of stuffed animals.
- Have fun! Have a positive attitude. It’s your party — enjoy!