Become a Member
We don't have members. We have Union brothers and sisters.
At OE Federal, we take pride in lending a hand, whether it’s through a great rate, convenient services or a simple smile in our voice. We stand with strength and integrity knowing that when it comes to union family, it’s about much more than the bottom line. It’s about loyalty. It’s about confidence. It’s about you.
Why OE Federal?
OE Federal is a not-for-profit member owned cooperative. Our profits are returned to members in the form of dividends (interest) on savings and other valuable benefits. OE Federal members enjoy exclusive members-only privileges, such as insurance discounts, travel discounts, financial wellness services and more. Once you join OE Federal, you are eligible for a lifetime of benefits even if you move, change jobs, or retire.
Join OE Federal
Want to get all the great benefits OE Federal has to offer? Click here to see a list of all eligible Union groups. If you or an immediate family member is in one of these unions, just fill out a simple Membership Application Form and start getting the benefits you deserve:
- Free Checking Account
- Great Rates on Loans and Investments
- Easy-to-use Online Banking and Bill Pay
- The outstanding service we provide to each and every one of our members
- And much more!
Still not sure if your union group is in our field of membership? Check your union or group's eligibility or call our Member Services Representatives to find out at 800.877.4444.
Our goal is to make your transition to OE Federal as smooth as possible. Our Switch-Kit contains all the resources you need to close your accounts elsewhere and establish Direct Deposit, as well as any automatic transactions, with us. You can make the switch in 3 easy steps:
- Open an OE Federal Savings Account. Want to get all the great benefits OE Federal provides? Click to see a list of all eligible Union groups. If you or an immediate family member is in one of these unions, simply fill out a Membership Application Form and return to us with a check for at least $5 per member on the account. Once your Membership has been established, you are eligible to apply for additional services such deposit accounts, loans, etc.
- Close Your Other Account(s). Print and complete the Close Account Form. Make sure to leave your old accounts active long enough to allow outstanding checks and automatic withdrawals to clear, and leave enough money in place to cover these transactions (this may take several weeks). Once you've confirmed that your old accounts are inactive, you can ask your previous financial institution to send you the balance from that account. (Please remember to destroy your old checks, ATM/Debit cards and deposit slips!).
- Transition Your Automatic Transactions. Use the Direct Deposit Authorization form to set up deposit of paychecks, retirement and pension checks, or Social Security checks directly to your OE Federal Account. Use the Change Automatic Withdrawal form to notify anyone who makes automatic withdrawals from your account, such as mortgage companies, insurance providers, utility, phone or cable companies. Use our helpful Switch List to quickly identify all vendors who currently have access to your account(s).
Have questions? We'd be happy to help! Please contact us at 800.877.4444.